JM Innovations

Kansas Ag News Headlines
Recovery Reference Guide to Assist Grassfire Victims
Kansas Ag Connection - 03/15/2017

State agencies, insurance underwriters, social service and other organizations have compiled a recovery reference guide to assist Kansans who have suffered loss as a result of the recent grassfires.

In the impacted areas fees are being waived for driver's license/ID cards, car titles, copy of tax returns, and refund on vehicle tags, some property tax abatements are possible (through the county appraisers office), and waiving filing fees for businesses impacted in the area.

Contact the Kansas Department of Agriculture with questions about agricultural or food-related businesses, including dairies, restaurants, food processing companies, pesticide and fertilizer companies. KDA can be reached at 785-564-6700 or go to for specific program area contact information. KDA would encourage farmers and ranchers to communicate with Kansas Farm Bureau at and Kansas Livestock Association at for specific agricultural assistance, including hay, feed, fencing supplies and other needs. The KDA website has current details on all agricultural assistance, including continuing updates on federal program assistance, Contact your local USDA-FSA office for details on federal assistance, or please contact KDA if you need help navigating these federal programs or if you run into other challenges.

It is the policy of the state of Kansas to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of their disability. The ADA provides, in part, that qualified individuals with disabilities shall not be excluded from participating in, or be denied the benefits of any program, service or activity offered by the State of Kansas. More information is available at

For assistance or information, please contact the state ADA coordinator at (785) 296-1389 or

Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt is urging residents in areas damaged by recent wildfires to use caution during the cleanup and rebuilding to avoid scams by transient contractors or price gouging. Consumers should be on the lookout for price gouging in the wake of a disaster. Kansas law prohibits unjustifiably increasing the price of any necessary property or service, including gasoline, during a time of disaster. A disaster includes severe storms, tornado, earthquake, flood, fires or any extraordinary act. Any Kansans who have problems with contractors or other companies that follow storms or disasters may file a request for the attorney general's Consumer Protection Division to investigate at (800) 432-2310 or

The Kansas Department for Children and Families provides food, cash, child care and vocational rehabilitation assistance for individuals meeting specific income guidelines. We also provide child and adult protective services, along with child support services. The DCF website provides additional information about agency services. The web address is www.dcf.ks.

Send this article to a friend

Other Kansas Headlines
Byron Seeds
Zabel Equipment
Copyright 2018 - All Rights Reserved.